Monday, April 8, 2013

Well this is a thing now.

Yup. This blog is a real thing. Well I guess "real" isn't how I would put it. It exists now. There.

Anyways, I feel blogs always start with a "I am writing this for a particular reason." Well screw that. I'm terrible at that. This is probably going to go by the wayside anyways and I'll be back to doing my regular thing and not even thinking about this. But I don't know, it's good to have a way to work things out. Typing them out and letting the internet know is a good thing. (Sometimes. Like if I wrote down my social security number and mother's maiden name that would be a bad thing. Don't steal my passwords please. Thanks.) Even if one dude in Uzbekistan is the only guy reading this (Hi! So you're from Uzbekistan, huh? How is that country? I've never been. Also, I didn't know Uzbek is a real language until I just Googled Uzbekistan. Sorry.), or if the entire world is, I'll write the same way. Because I probably won't write here after like a week anyways.

So I'm sitting here on my bed in my dorm room doing my Organic Chemistry Lab pre-lab, in the hour break I get today between classes, for a lab starting in three hours. This has become almost something of a regular occurrence for me, to be doing work, especially for this lab, less than 5 hours before it's due. That got me to thinking why? Why is it that we procrastinate? But then it dawns on me that its usually just lab that I procrastinate for. Not for my weekly online quizzes, not for my Organic Chemistry lecture homework, just lab. Maybe it's just that I dislike lab.

Isn't that counter-intuitive, though? I put off doing something I dislike in a spread out amount of time, where each bite is just bearable, only so I can cram it all down to a large portion of things that I can't handle. I feel I do better work when I procrastinate, but that's probably just because I am actually concentrated when I'm doing the work as if I don't procrastinate, I'm not putting in the same effort.

Well, it's time for class, so I guess that's where I'll stop. But yeah, procrastination is weird.

1 comment: